Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I know . I know....im hopeless at this blog thing. My bad. ;)

Okay so ....i know I NEVER write anymore....facebook is just so much easier. ;) I need to though, but the thing is I dont know if anyone even reads them anyways so I'll make a deal with you....whoever you are....if 3 or more people let me know somehow...in response to this blog that they actually read them ( i know 2 people do) then I will make it a point to TRY and blog weekly. I promise.
Nothing much is happening now, just school and exams which are stressing me out like crazy. Kristen just left...so were all pretty sad about that. Oh and there is this lady...Jacci, who works with Childrens Cup and I just met her like last week. She is sooooo awesome! She has been helping me out with espanol and yea shes just amazing! Im so happy I met her.
I've learned that although sometimes God takes away the people I love, He always puts someone else in my life who is so amazing, and even if He doesn't...He never goes anywhere. He is continuously teaching me to put all my hopes and trust in Him and not in people...because I tend to do that a lot. I have to remember that He is a jealous God and he alone deserves my trust.
So yea...thats basically it for now. The soccer season starts next week, Im pretty excited about that. So I will write soon IF people read my blog. lol. ;)
Later gater!!

5 comments:

Cajun Tiger said...

I read =)

Anonymous said...

Jacci is great! She went with us on my first trip to Swaziland with AIM in 2005.

Hope you week goes well!
(I'm the nurse in America who is hoping to work in the CC clinic in Swaziland!)

Hebrews 10:19-23

Steve said...

Hey Gabby. I loved this blog. What a great example of God's faithfulness by sending Jacci your way. We're the couple that came with the team of 31 in August that has a daughter Gabrielle and a son Nathanael. Anyway, have fun with your new soccer season.

Steve & Debbie Turley

Cajun Tiger said...

For some reason my email response keeps getting blocked by your firewall. Could be possibly due to my IP address coming from Iraq, so here is my reply to your latest email.

Hi Gabby,

Doing good in the giant sandbox. It is finally starting to cool off. The highs are only in the 90s lately =) For Thanksgiving they will have a special meal at the DFAC (Dinning Facility) like they do for all holidays, but that's about it as we don't really get any days off here for obvious reasons. I'm taking vacation for Christmas, so I'll be home from the 15th to the 30th thankfully.

As far as specifics on contacting Georgetown I don't know but I'm sure they have an admissions page on their website. You should be able to find some contact info on that page. It is never too early to start, especially for the more elite schools like Georgetown. They can help you with your course selection and give advice on how to increase your chances of acceptance. So, I'd get in touch with an admissions counselor and tell him/her of your goals and ask for advice on how Georgetown can help and how to enhance your chances of acceptance. Also you will need to let them know you are going to need to have scholarship help and they should be able to also advise you on how to best accomplish that. Hope that helps =)

Gabrielle said...

Aww cool, welp theres 3 people. Not sure who the Adam guy was...or how he got my blog, but anyways.....I guess Ill keep writing. Thanks for reading. ;)
CT- thanks for your help!! You're great!!