Monday, April 23, 2007

Back from Holidayzzz

Howdy folks! We just returned from Margate, SOuth Africa Saturday. Margate is a little town near Durban, right in the beach. It is soo cute! This place reminded us so much of being in the States, it was almost unreal! There were malls (some better than any I've ever been to in the U.S.....sorry) , restaurants ( can't touch the restaurants in U.S....oh YEA), and hm....there were a lot of ice cream parlours. lol. The beach was beautiful and our hotel was very nice. It even had air conditioning and cable TV...now THAT'S new!!

We went deep sea fishing, swimming with dolphins, hiking, shopping, and to a snake farm which had southern U.S. alligators. I just assumed they were from Louisiana, so I spent a lot of my time by their cage to talk Southern to 'em, maybe make 'em feel a little more at home. Oh yeah! We also ate a lot of ice cream, not as good as Baskin Robins, but it was good.

We are out of school for a month! Yayyy. But I already have a daily schedule for the whole break. I can't live without schedules, I just can't. That's normal right........guys??.....guys?!? No, its fine, I know I'm weird already. haha. Most of the Childrens Cup team is in Mozambique right now with the Elevate team. I really wish I could go and hang out with them, but I can't. I have soccer and an orthadontist appointment in South Africa wednesay and then a church camp this weekend. So sad.

I am reading "more than a carpenter" by Josh Mcdowel. It is really helping me with situations at school and now I can see for myself why the Bible is true and how it all came about and the evidence for Jesus being the One, and the resurection and other things. I like it a lot. I really am into apologetics and learning about the history of Christianity and the Bible. It is very interesting. Anyways...That is all that's going on at the moment. I'll write more soon.
gabby

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like you had fun! =)

Cajun Tiger said...

If you like apologetics, two really really good ons are "A Case for Christ" by Lee Strobel and "Paul Meets Muhammed" by Mike Licona. If you would like them, have your dad shoot me an email with ya'll address and I'll send them to you.

merrill5 said...

check out Follow the Rabi on line, a great resource about biblical history. It's addictive!

Jean Ohlerking said...

I am SO proud of you and your stand for Jesus. God has an exciting life ahead for you...