Thursday, July 12, 2007

You're my Kentucky Rounda!


This picture is at my house, its Beau, me (shorty), and Chris. Beau is like my brother, he is in my class at school and his family is like my second family here. They are also american, well half, (his dad is from New Zealand and mom from Alaska/New Mexico) Chris was visiting him from Alaska a few weeks ago so we hung out a bit.

I just got a ride down from school with the headmaster (principal, he was going to town anyways) because i dont feel well. My ear hurts soo bad. Everyone has been sick lately. Even our dog is sick, we think she got stabbed the other night so now she has stitches. Last week was midterm break, so we only had school on monday and half of tuesday. The rest of the week I chilaxed with Lizette and Aissa and played soccer and did homework. I never knew it was possible to have so much homework. I could sit at the table from 8 AM to 8 PM and do homework for 2 days straight and still not have it all done, ha these teachers are so heartless. lol

This past sunday, my soccer team , Imbabatane, went to Maputo, Mozambique for a game against a womans club team there. I think it was the most interesting experience of my life. We were gone all day, it takes like 2 hours to get there and we played at 3. The place we played was way back in a very poor area of maputo. It was kindof scarry back there, i must say. The "field" was like a giant sand box and the lines were made with water. It was so hard to run and those Mozambiquans sure can run. lol. They beat us 4-0, but I still enjoyed it a lot. Ill never forget it. Around the field were shacks and houses and there was a very old/torn up school infront of it. We changed in the school. The bathrooms were definately a new experience, one that I dont think I ever want to do again. There were no doors, just a hole in the ground and it stank so bad. I think it was the fastest ive ever used the bathroom in my life. I held my breath the whole time. My team was just laughing at me. lol. All in all , it was a great day. My dad drove us there and back, im so thankful to him for always driving us everywhere.

Tomorrow, is the 24 hour run fundraiser for my school. We formed teams of 35 and have to run (in different slots) for 24 hours. Its compulsary to be there, so why the teachers are still giving us homework I do not know! lol. Should be interesting.

Next week friday, my school soccer team is going to MIS (Maputo International School?) for an indoor soccer tournament. I can't wait for that.

Charles went to the States yesterday so keep him in your prayers as he travels. Him and kristen have made such a huge impact on a lot of young people's lives here. ALOT. So many people at Waterford love them and look up to them, including me. Everyone keeps asking me whe the next youth night is, they love them. It would be sooo cool to have a youth like at HPC , Refuge Swaziland lol. That would be pretty tight!

Well....Thats all I can think of for now. Please pray for my school and friends.

You're my Kentucky rounda!- this is from a song by a south african artist, Pitch Black Afro, and in it he says "youre my kentucky rounda" like the KFC rounders....anyways I just thought it was funny. Dont ask , im feeling a little random today.

No comments: