Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Parties Etc....


Shelly,Jacci, Zinty, and me at the Mbabane Christmas Party



I know I know....I haven't kept my end of the deal up. I thought I would be able to just chill at home and be bored out of my mind these holidays....but actually timehas been flying by because we've been so busy and its really freaking me out!! I don't want to go back to school. Everytime I think about having to go back I get so sad...God please give me joy about school and endurance...emotionally.
So the first few weeks of December were the Childrens Cup Christmas parties. There are 11 carepoints in Manzini, 2 in Mbabane, 1 in Tabenkhulu and 1 in Mozambique. There were 4 parties in all....the one in Manzini being the largest with over 2000 kids. It was awesome because we rented a big field at a local school and their were kids EVERYWHERE! The buses just kept coming. A team from Celebration Church in Texas was here as well as a doctor from Arizona, Rajni. They helped with all of the parties and were just AMAZINGLY AWESOME people. I was so sad when the Texas team left because it's like really cool relationships start to develope and then they have to leave. But the cool thing is is that even though on earth , I may not have the chance to hang out with some of the people I meet....one day in heaven we will all be together. So these relationships God is creating are just getting us ready for eternity where all believers will be together. And Rajni......Wow she's just .....Rajni. No words are good enough to describe how awesome she is. The day she arrived here, she came to our house and she was totally different than what I expected her to be. She is so easy to be around and so fun to talk to. It is impossible to have a dull conversation with her. She is leaving tomorrow and we're all sad. I just hope that one day I'll get to see her again somewhere...either in the US, here, or in another continent since we both want to travel the world. Anyways....short update on cool people i've recently met and gotten to know.
So the parties all went well...
Manzini: It started off rainy and cold and we were worried because it was supposed to have the largest number of kids. The buses started rolling in and we stood on guard as they stampeded down the hill next to the field. I started out at the space walks....wow it was difficult because we had to make sure only 10 kids got on at a time and they were only on for 1 minute. Since I only know a few words in Siswati, it was rather difficult, but I picked up a few words that were necesary for this mission. Hamba!- Go. Puma!- Get out. Bambe- Hold on, wait. I know more than just that...not much more but a few phrases. ;) We served hot dogs, chips, and this weird soda drink that tasted like kids tylenol syrup. Lizette came and helped as well. There was also face painting, relay races, a worship tent, and other games here and there.
Tabenkhulu (Mapheveni): IT WAS SHISA-(hot)- wow. The sunburns were bad for all the malungus (white people) but it was really fun. This is the newest carepoint and the farthest away (in Swaziland). The community the carepoint is for is very poor and in need. Thabenkhulu is a sugarcane company, and mapheveni is a community where all the outcasts or rejects from the sugar cane company live. So they are in major need of food, love, and Jesus. One of the poorest areas of Swaziland. It is so cool to see all that God is doing there through childrens cup and Pastor La Salet...I'll talk about her later. Talking about how awesome she is could take up a whole blog in itself.
Mbabane: As far as orginization goes, this one ran the smoothest. I did facepainting for most of this one. We had it at a soccer field close to where we live. The kids were split into groups (they were at the other parties as well but at the manzini one, it was a little chaotic because of the weather and at the Mapheveni one the area was too small to properly divide them into groups.) The Mbabane party was great because the area was huge and there wasn't an overwhelmingly large amount of kids. The kids did a christmas program that they had been working on and it was really good. Again...hot dogs....they were looking pretty funny by this party. And you know the funny thing?? We still have hundreds of them left....in our freezer....I'm telling you if I ever see, smell, taste, imagine, walk by, touch another hot dog I might just die. Not really because I usually really like them....but they have scarred me for life. I will never thoroughly enjoy another hot dog again.
I heard that the party in Mozambique went well...Thank you Jesus! Unfortunately I couldn't go, there wasn't enough room. Jacci, Patrick, Christy, and Zinty took the Texas team.
So all in all the parties went well....except for a few minor disputes and frustrations amongst the cooks and elders but I won't go into that because I don't fully understand it myself. All glory and thanks to God for being there with us and with the children and for blessing them and making it a success.








Sac races at the mbabane christmas party. The kids had a blast!










My dad with his safari hat...organizing the food?












Some of the girls at the Mapheveni carepoint did a dance as part of the Christmas program.














Crab walk...one of the many games going on. As you can see it was pretty wet in Manzini.

No comments: